You can download the pdf of the Guidelines or read them below.
CARMEL FINE ART AND MUSIC FESTIVAL
ARTISTS EXHIBITION AGREEMENT AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY:
Niagara Arts Showcase and The Carmel Fine Art and Music Festival management, have the right to terminate this agreement at our sole discretion. The artist will not hold Niagara Arts Showcase or The Carmel Fine Art and Music Festival board of directors, management and/or staff responsible for anything that may happen while setting up, tearing down and exhibiting on the festival grounds. The artist also agrees to the donation of an item to be used by The Carmel Fine Art & Music Festival.
Friday September 15th, 2017 – 6pm – 10pm (Artists and VIP Guests Only 6pm – 7pm for awards presentation)
Saturday September 16th, 2017 – 9am – 6pm
Sunday September 17th, 2017 – 9am – 4pm
EXHIBITION BOOTHS & FEES
- There are two exhibition areas, Inside the The Firemen’s Hall and the open exhibition area outside for tents.
- The area in the The Firemen’s Hall is divided by solid wood walled booths, painted white. Artists hang their work by using nails or screws on the walls.
- There will be a 2 plug junction box available in each indoor booth for electrical hook up. There is a 300 Watt maximum for each booth. Lights are recommended for the Soiree on Friday night. Please consider using low heat LED lighting. There are no electrical hook ups for outside tents.
- The following list is of the spaces available for indoor and outdoor.
- The gallery is air conditioned/heated with lighting coming from lights in the ceiling and windows. Additional lighting is up to artist and is highly recommended.
- Due to the nature of the space, the spaces are of varying sizes and conﬁgurations. Please refer to FLOOR PLAN for layout.
- We will do our best to accommodate space preferences but an alternative choice may be offered if necessary to ensure artists of a similar medium or style is not in direct competition with you.
(Friday/Saturday/Sunday) (Saturday & Sunday Only)
Indoor Space – SOLD OUT Outdoor Space (Your Own Tent)
Half Booth…4x8x4…..…………$125 10X10 Tent…………………..$275
Full Booth…4x16x4…..…….…$200 10X20 Tent…………………..$350
Wall Panel 8 Foot Only….…..$100
SUBMISSION DEADLINES (submitted by email or received by postmarked mail)
- Applications for indoor and outdoor space are due by July 1, 2017 (A deposit of $100 is required with application. If the application is declined, the deposit will be refunded in full by May 21, 2017.)
- All artists will be notified by July 14, 2017 if they have been accepted or declined. Balance will be due by June 29, 2017 along with insurance certificate.
- No refunds for any reason will be granted after July 31, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, applications for Juried Fine Art Exhibition are due by May 21, 2017.
FESTIVAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Single booth sharing is allowed – however, BOTH booth sharing artists must be accepted through the submission process with NO exceptions and in fairness to all. No sub-letting without the festival management written consent.
- All artists are responsible for the sale and collection of taxes for their own work. We do not monitor this.
- This show is RAIN or SHINE – no refunds will be given in the event of inclement weather. Please prepare accordingly.
- Spaces will be assigned by the festival coordinator. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests for specific spots.
- Original artwork only created by the submitting artist. This includes fine art, pottery, jewellery, glass, fabric, wood, raku, sculpture etc.) All work must be conceived and created by the artist.
- Only items submitted for jurying are to be displayed and sold.
- Reproductions (such as high quality reproductions, giclée and limited edition reproduction prints) are limited. They can be made available however, in a designated space or box in your booth. Postcards, T-shirts, posters etc that are reproductions are not permitted for display or sale.
- All booths must be manned at all times by the artist or a representative of the artist for all days and hours of operation.
- Exhibitors are expected to participate for the duration of the event. Exhibitors must not close or remove any part of display until after show closing.
- To maintain a professional and consistent look we will provide the sign for each exhibitor. Any signage with pricing and name of piece must be discreet and professional looking subject to the approval of the festival coordinators and must not infringe upon the space of another exhibitor.
- Please bring your own small table and a comfortable chair for use within your space.
- Due to fire regulations – Exhibitors must ensure that displays do not obstruct the aisles or encroach upon the personal space of other exhibitors.
- No exhibitor may sublet any portion of his or her booth space to another artist.
- The artist agrees that this contract also serves as a media release form and any images provided may be used in the future.
- The festival grounds will be patrolled by security. Exhibitors will only be required to ensure their booths are closed up (outside) as the area will be fenced and patrolled by security that will remain on site all night. The indoor exhibition area will be locked and alarmed security will be in place.
- Security is provided Friday and Saturday night. All liability is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
Artisans certify and guarantee that they have adequate liability and property insurance and assume full responsibility for any liability or damages to themselves, other artisans, guests occurring while on the ‘host’ property at the Carmel Fine Art & Music Festival and further Carmel Fine Arts & Music Festival shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage as a result of vandalism, theft or an act of God within your host space.
LATE COMERS/NO SHOWS
All indoor artists must be completely set up by 3PM on Friday Sept 15th. Anyone not set up by this time will forfeit their space and fee. Space may then be re-sold or re-assigned by festival management unless special arrangements have been made in advance with festival co-ordinators. All outdoor artists must be completely set up by 5PM on Friday Sept 15th. Anyone not set up by this time will forfeit their space and fee.
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to: The Carmel Fine Art & Music Festival, c/o Niagara Arts Showcase, 4617 Buckley Ave., Niagara Falls, ON L2E 4A3
Can be made:
- by cheque made payable to Niagara Arts Showcase
- by e-transfer to email@example.com
DEPOSIT IS DUE WITH APPLICATION.
JURIED FINE ART EXHIBITION – Upon Acceptance to the Carmel Fine Art Show
The art will be displayed on easels. Depending on the size of the work, it may be displayed on it’s own or share the easel with another piece of comparable size. Size is limited to a maximum of 48″ x 48″.
- The artist will drop off the work prior to the opening of the festival on Friday at 3 pm
- All work is to be signed in and out by the artist or representative named by the artist.
- Artists are encouraged to bring business cards with the work.
- Exhibition fees are $15 per entry or $25 for two pieces.
- All work must be new works created within the last two years and must not have been previously entered in this show.
- Artists must submit photographs or digital images of each work to be entered via email or mailed with a printed application.
JURIED FINE ART EXHIBITION CATEGORIES AND FEES
Any accepted artist may submit up to 2 pieces of original art in the following categories
*Fine Art Oil Painting *Fine Art Watercolour Paintings *Fine Art Acrylic Paintings *Photography (Digital or Film) *Mixed Media (any work that is a singularly or a combination of mediums)
JURIED FINE ART EXHIBITION PANEL
The jury consists of 3 qualified art educators, gallery owners and art professionals. Jury panel judging criteria will be posted at the show.
JURIED FINE ART EXHIBITION AWARDS
- Awards will be given to the best in each category and an Honourable Mention in each category as chosen by the jury panel.
- The Best in each category will receive $200, a ribbon and the Honourable Mention will receive a ribbon.
- One piece of art will be selected as the Best in Show and receive $500 cash prize.
- Winners will be announced and presented their award on Friday September 15th prior to the opening Artist Soiree evening.
- All winners will have a ribbon placed on their winning piece for the duration of the show.
All applications must include:
- For booths and tents – 5 photos that represent your body of work.
- For juried show – a photo of each entry. Photos can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note in file name the name of the artist that is on the application that goes with it. (IE) JohnSmithPhoto1.jpg
or mailed to Carmel Fine Art & Music Festival, c/o Niagara Arts Showcase, 4617 Buckley Ave., Niagara Falls, ON L2E 4A3
PLEASE NOTE – THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ON THE GROUNDS OF THE FESTIVAL. SEPARATE ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE AT YOUR OWN PERSONAL EXPENSE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A LIST OF PREFERRED LOCATIONS PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL MAKE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS.
- Full and complete application
- Description of products, items and prices
- 5 Photos for general application or photos for juried show.
- Signed contract
Applications will receive consideration based on the following:
- Date application was received
- Application completion
- Quality of product (with attempt to eliminate duplication of items)
- Utility requirements
- Deposit included
- Space availability
Teardown will only be available on Sunday beginning at 4:30 PM; prior to this time, teardowns or vehicles on festival grounds are prohibited.