Carmel Fine Art and Music Festival is proud to support the work of artists working in large-scale sculpture, conceptual art and installations. We are inviting all installation artists to apply.
You can download the Installation application here or view the information below.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – ART INSTALLATIONS
FOR DISPLAY AT CARMEL FINE ART AND MUSIC SHOW, SEPT 15-17, 2017
Carmel Fine Art and Music Festival is accepting applications for Outdoor/Indoor Installations for our 3 Day Fine Art & Music Festival. The Festival is being held at Firemen’s Park, 2275 Dorchester Road, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6S4. Dedicated space will be available for Art Installations. We are expecting over 1,000 visitors to attend the Festival. We invite artists to submit proposals for this event. Proposals will be reviewed and selected by the application committee. Sculptures and works of art must be original, durable, and safe for viewing by the public in an unsupervised indoor or outdoor area. Outdoor works must be able to withstand inclement weather and tolerate strong winds.
The work is for display only and not for sale. The artist is responsible for the transportation, installation and removal of their work.
Proposals must include:
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail, Website
- Artist Statement/Bio
- Artwork statement – Include Title, Year, Medium and Size for the proposed work(s) and describe how this work will relate to/expand on current themes in your work
- High res. Images of the sculpture(s) (300 dpi, 1500 pixels wide), sketches and support images. Clearly title the .jpegs with the Title of the piece or a short description of what the image is.
- Other examples of existing work
- Photo of artist
- Description of the project and plan for installation. Please consider all aspects of transporting and installing the work to Firemen’s Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Details of any grants that the artist has previously received for other installations.
- Your expected remuneration for this project.
- Estimated retail price of the work.
Tips for a successful application:
- Your images are very important! Please ensure that your images are high-quality, clear, in-focus and well-lit so that the jury may properly assess your work.
- Ensure that you have a cohesive portfolio by sending us all of the information listed above to avoid many different communications.
- Ensure that the file name of your digital images correspond to your image list.
The festival grounds will be patrolled by security Friday and Saturday evening. All liability is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
Artisans certify and guarantee that they have adequate liability and property insurance and assume full responsibility for any liability or damages to themselves, other artisans, guests occurring while on the ‘host’ property at the Carmel Fine Art & Music Festival and further Carmel Fine Arts & Music Festival shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage as a result of vandalism, theft or an act of God within your host space.
Included with All Selected Installations:
- Freestanding space. Additional space (wall space) may be awarded depending on the scope of the project and the availability.
- Onsite signage
- Complimentary Ticket Package
- Online profile page on Carmel Fine Art and Music Festival website and postings on our Facebook page
- Listing in the official Show Guide
- Organization & exhibition support
- Marketing & advertising support
Interested artists are to submit proposals: email@example.com
Submit their proposals now – EXTENDED
- Accepted proposals must be ready for installation by early September 2017 and removed after 5pm on September, 17, 2017