You can download the Guidelines here: Music Guidelines
FESTIVAL MUSIC GUIDELINES
Deadline for Submissions – IS NOW CLOSED
We had over 90 applications to perform. Thank you to all that applied.
Niagara Arts Showcase is committed to compensating musicians for their services at a fair and equitable rate. Professional status, number of musician per act and experience of the performers will be taken into consideration during negotiations.
Costs for travel, transportation, accommodation, equipment rentals, meals or any other expenses are the responsibility of the musician and should be considered during negotiations. Successful applicants will be allowed to sell band merchandise (CDs, DVDs, etc) at the event if they so choose. Niagara Arts Showcase is not responsible for any damage to the entertainer’s equipment or merchandise.
Applicants must submit a package containing the following items to be considered:
- Completed submission form – attached to this document
- Sample of performance: CD or DVD, with minimum of 3 songs in one of the following formats: .mp3 or .wav
- Sample of support materials such as posters, reviews, website links etc.
- Promo photo for website and social media promotion (must be included)
- Stage plot, outlining instruments and number of microphones.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to offer dates to all, some, or none of the applicants.
All applications will be evaluated by a selection team made up of Niagara Arts Showcase Board members and community members knowledgeable about local music. The following criteria will be used to determine programming:
- Musicianship and quality
- Appropriateness to the venue/s program goals and character
- Performance must be age-appropriate and suitable for a public setting
- Band’s past community concert experience
- Band’s ability to draw an audience to the performance
Hard Copy Submission Instructions
All hard copy submissions are to be delivered via mail, courier or in person to: Niagara Arts Showcase, c/o 4617 Buckley Avenue, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 4A3
Please note on the front of the envelope or package: “2017 Carmel Fine Art Music application.” Applications received after the deadline date may not be considered.
Electronic Submission Instructions
Email submissions will be accepted. Please attach application form and samples of performances (by attachments or links). Preferred formats for music samples are .mp3, .wav, .wma or .mov. If using hyperlinks please make sure they are active. A digital photo of the performer or act must be included to use for promotional opportunities if selected.
Notice to Applicants
The Niagara Arts Showcase would like to thank all musicians for their submissions. All applicants will be notified by May 19, 2017 if they have been accepted or declined. Submission materials will not be returned.
Please note: Niagara Arts Showcase will not be responsible for electronic submissions that are not received due to technology malfunctions (e.g. file sizes, systems crash, incompatible software, etc).
All applicants will receive a confirmation email that their submission was received.
Conditions of Entry:
- Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a selection committee consisting of board members and community members knowledgeable about local music. Successful applicants to the Carmel Fine Art and Music Festival will be notified by May 19, 2017.
- Inclusion in the festival may involve your band being photographed. Images will be used for promotional purposes (may include social media) and will be preserved for administration, program development and archival purposes.
- All equipment, including musical instruments must be supplied by the musician. All equipment must meet CSA standards/certifications and be in good working condition. Niagara Arts Showcase is not responsible for any damage to the entertainer’s equipment.
- All musicians will be compensated for their services. Niagara Arts Showcase reserves the right to offer a rate based on budget availability and will take into consideration the number of musicians per act and professional status.
- Niagara Arts Showcase reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications and shall not be bound to accept any of them, and reserves the right at any time to cancel all or any part of the festival or the Call to Musicians.
- Cancellations: If the event is cancelled and the performer is notified (by phone to the contact number on the application, including voice mail messages) within 2 hours of the event start time, the performer/s will be paid 50% of the negotiated musician fee. If cancellation is less than 2 hours prior to start time, the musician will be paid 100% of negotiated fees.
- A booth will be provided to sell musician merchandise. Sale of band merchandise is at the discretion of the band, it is not mandatory. Musicians must provide their own merchant to sell their merchandise. Niagara Arts Showcase is not responsible for the sale of merchandise or any funds collected for musician merchandise. Niagara Arts Showcase is not responsible for any merchandise that is lost or stolen.
For More Information regarding conditions of entry please contact:
Ashlee Standish at email@example.com